Why have a storyteller?
- Children still need the personal face-to-face storytelling along with all the other modern devices today.
- They need you. They need the stories.
- They need to participate in the stories.
- They need to share in the joy and love for story communicated by you.
- They love to hear your original stories and they love yo to listen to their stories.
- They feel important and they bond with
- you because you care.
Patsy engaging her audience in the story
Having a storyteller come to your school, preschool or child care centre give the children opportunities to hear stories being told in as many ways as possible.
- Children can experience another person telling stories
- Fun packed program of stories encouraging participation by children
- Reinforcement of your programs and teaching strategies
- Enthusiasm and encouragement of story in the curriculum with a “Storyteller in Residence program”
- They love to hear your original stories and they love you
- Creates a warm social relationship between the teller and the listener
- Improves listening comprehension, a vital pre-reading skill for children
- Has been the best tool for passing on the values and morals of families and peoples for centuries
- Increases our understanding and awareness of our world’s diverse cultures
- Develops our mental imaging ability, another skill necessary for reading comprehension